- Why I should become an armed security guard in the first place;
- What exactly I will be doing as an armed security office once on duty;
- How much money I am going to be paid;
- What’s the training process you have to undertake in order to become one;
5. do you have what it takes to become an armed security guard in the United States of America?
Keep reading: you’ll get up to speed in no time and by the time you are done, you’ll know it.
1. Why you should want to work as a modern-day watchman?
You will be respected. You’ll be looked up as a protector. There’s no price for that. As a bonus, you’ll work in a healhy field with lots of opening and a good pay.
A security guard’s job is to keep watch and protect from harm. It is a very important service, which is the reason why the protection services industry employs so many workers. Most security officers work for private companies which are hired to provide protection to people, places, or properties.
This kind of job is in steady demand in the whole world, although regulations and training requirements are often different in various countries or parts of the United States.
2. What exactly will you be doing as an armed security office once on duty?
Armed Security Guard Job Description
Security guards can have different responsibilities according to their positions. For example, some officers carry firearms, while others are unarmed; some guards patrol an area, while others remain stationary on a specific location.
Anyway, the duties of a security guard usually include:
- recognizing and preventing dangerous situations;
- discouraging criminal actions;
- cooperating with the police;
- providing assistance to the population in case of emergency
3. How much money are you going to be paid?
Armed Security guard jobs
The services of security guards are always in high demand. This means that if you meet the requirements and have completed the requested training, your chances of getting hired anre very good. You could find a job either at a private firm which needs security officers of their own, or at security guard companies that provide officers to their clients.
4. What’s the training process you have to undertake in order to become one?
Security guard license
Before you look for employment as a security guard, in some states you need to obtain a specific license. This holds true in California, for example, where you need to pass a fingerprint scan and have a background check when you apply for a security guard card; and in several other states, too. On the other hand, some other states do not require any license, so it is advisable to check the regulations which are in force where you live, before you look for a job as a security guard.
After they become a security guard, some workers will choose to further their training so that they can obtrain a permit to carry a firearm while on duty. The courses to become an armed security guard are more difficult and demanding, but security officers bearing a gun often receive a higher salary and better working conditions.
The training and examinations always include practice at the shooting range, as well as notions on firearm handling, safety, and the specific legislation on this matter.
After becoming an armed security guard, you will be able to apply for a higher number of security jobs for a better salary.